Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A rant about rules

First if you really know me or are related to me let me assure you nothing is wrong I am still me and have not been abducted by aliens or whatever. Also if I offend anyone well how to put this gently... I am not forcing you to read this so get over it and move on. Now on to my rant.

Rules. I like rules, they are there for a reason weather or not you think that reason or rule is silly, it has a purpose. It may-be to keep you safe, to keep others safe, or just because the person in charge wanted it that way for a reason of their own. I do wonder about some wacky laws like how in Georgia it is illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp. But you know that law or rule is there for a reason. I don't like it when people take it upon themselves to decide that they know better than the rules. Some people think that just because that rule does not fit in with what they want to do then it is not necessary or meaningful and so they bend, break, or just flat out ignore the rule. For example (this is only an example not real that I know of) a restaurant closes at 9 every night, well one night they close at 8:30 because they want to go home, the boss never checks on them that late so it is no big deal right? Well that night the boss brings a VIP by and sees that they are closed and suddenly everyone looses in this situation the Boss possibly looses the respect of the VIP and the workers all loose respect of their Boss if not their jobs as well. All because they closed a half hour early. It wasn't a major rule only 30 minutes but it had major consequences. There are times where nothing would have happened the boss could have not shown up and nothing would have happened all would be fine, but it could have been avoided perhaps by calling the boss or what not.
I guess that is my rant thanks for reading :)

No comments: