Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Goodwill SCORE!!!

So if you know me, you know I have a shopping problem, on the plus side I have learned to shop within my means therefore I am an avid goodwill shopper. Todays trip to goodwill turned out to be a very good one. I went with the intention on finding a Computer chair since I am at the moment sitting on the floor killing my neck by looking up at my screen, and to find a Shirt for Boo to be a pirate. Well no luck on the chair but my brother is bringing me one tomorrow so that is ok. I look through the costumes and I found it a perfect costume for boo it isn't just the shirt but it is pants, a belt, shoe covers to look like boots, and a hat SWEET! then I find a pirate set that has a bandana, a cutlass, and a pistol so awesome how could this day get better? Well I am checking out and I glance down at the display and I see a set of China very beautiful, and since we sold the China my ex gave me (too much akwardness there) I have had an empty China hutch, that has turned into a catch all. Well anyways I ask how much the set is and the lady told me $49.99 well I was sold so I took my treasures home and looked the pattern up on http://www.replacements.com Imperial China, Seville and from there I added up the stuff I bought, an odd assortment of things 13 dinner plates 10 bowls 7 cups stuff like that. well after adding everythign up JUST the stuff we already have our cart was up to $407.05! How freakin awesome is that? We are going to buy one peice a month until we have a complet settign of 14 plus serveing dishes (we are going to be mainly watching ebay) but I am so stoked! here are some pics




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is AWESOME! I love thrift stores!

Mbdiamond said...

What a find!! That's great shel!

cherrie said...

I am a thrift store junky--love the china and the hutch is gorgeous!1