Tuesday, July 29, 2008

7 years ago today


7 years ago I set off on an "adventure" I had graduated High School was nearly 18 and still had not spent more than a few nights away from my parents and I had only been in a differnt state as them once. So desided it was time to go to Alaska and visit my sister. Sure not all adventure as far as finding a place to stay and what not but hey it was still cool. I remember the plane ride I kept looking out the window. Alaska was so Beautiful! and oh the fun I was goign to have! I have tons of photos of sceanry the glaciers, the waterfalls, the greenery It was so awesome. (keep in mind I am from the desert so all the greenery and what not was even that much more beautiful!) We went Deep sea fishing, I had only gone fishing once before and the fish that I was so proud of back then, well we used one the same size for BAIT! seriously! But that picture up there of me with all those halibut, yeah I caught those. *Grins* and then i had to learn how to filet them, lemme tell you I was SOOOO grossed out *Laughs* but I did it! AND I helped cook dinner that night to Lemon pepper halibut I think it was. sooo yummy.
As I look back to that point in my life I see how much things can change in JUST 7 years that is the amount of year that seperate my little brother and me, But Who I was then was a Kid who when ever someone mentioned kids my reply was "they are great especially when you can give them back when they are crying" My dad was in dispair because both his daughters wanted nothing to do with having kids, and now just a few years later, my older sister has married a man with two son so there is two grandkids for dad, my older brother (if you want to count him even though he only talks to our sister) Has 2 kids and me well count them 1,2,3 *grins* and I wouldn't change it for the world. I was fast becomeing a family joke if I hadn't gotten my tubes tied since apparently I could easily become one of those women who stay perpetually pregnat their whole lives *laughs*
Posted by Picasa

No comments: