Thursday, July 17, 2008

"You're the missing peice I need, the reason that I'm singing, I've got to find you"
That song from Camp Rock is STUCK in my head. I recorded Camp Rock a few weeks ago because I love Disney movies and this one looked good. (and it is good) But Boo found the tape (Yes I still use VHS to record stuff this is not a high tech house *laughs) and now we listen to Camp rock at least once a day. I think that tape is going to meet up with Shrek, Lilo and Stich, Charolette's Web, and Cars in my closet away from the Boo. I love all those movies but in order for me to remain liking them away to the closet they must go and be brought out one at a time maybe once a month.

So anyways now that I got that out time for "Refelections with Shelly"
I watch my kids playing and I can't help but smile, (yes even when the boys are fighting) I am truely Blessed to have gotten choosen to be their mom, there is no sweeter sound than the boys laughing while they play, except prehaps my baby girl cooing and just being stinkin' cute. I get frustrated being a mom at times but it is worth it. Where J is a great husband, provider, and father, I get flustered because where we live in the great "2000's" change our clothes and take away my best friend (my computer) and we could pass for a couple from the 1950's which is fine but odd I guess. There are things that it is just "the mom's job" Putting kids to bed, batheing kids, feeding kids. Then there are things that are "the dad's job" Taking out the trash, being the enforcer when kids are not listening or backtalking me (yes boo back talks now sooo much fun) stuff like that and where day to day it works dandy but sometimes I just want to go to the gym but I can't do that until the kids have been, fed, bathed, dressed, and put in bed. After all that, hugs kisses and two stories I am so wiped out that I don't want to go to the gym and that is one reason I have lost a whopping 10 lbs since January *Le sigh*
well this blog I am realizeing has turned from refections with Shelly to Shelly rambeling if you made it to the end congrats.

1 comment:

Mama needs a drink said...

Sometimes it is hard to be a mommy. Although we would never change it, you do tend to wonder when did you become "so an so's mom"? I used to introduce myself be a first name once upon a time, at least I think I did. Also when we aren't busy being "so and so's mom" we are "such and such's wife". I figure if it gets me out of doing the garbage what the hell. I live the ozzie and Harriet existance too, but with a lot more swear words. I guess it is what lead us here in the first place, release?